Bluevine is looking for a Senior Project Manager to be responsible for scoping, budgeting, managing risks and issues and setting timelines in order to deliver on projects. The project manager will be expected to not only meeting client standards and timelines, but also revolutionising our company’s project management systems and processes. They will also be responsible for developing and maintaining profitable and mutually beneficial relationships between Bluevine, its clients, external steakholders and employees. We are a small agile team that love and enjoy what we do and pride ourselves in offering our clients unwavering high-quality work that is in innovative, and on time. The candidate must be willing to work in a challenging, high pressure and stressful working environment and willing to put in over-time. The below responsibilities apply to private and public sector clients and opportunities.
- Manage and control all scoping and planning of projects across the team.
- Manage timelines, and communication thereof, to meet project deadlines while managing client expectations.
- Understanding resource allocation and prioritisation and how it impacts the project budget.
- Ensuring the team maintains efficient time tracking and are able to retrieve time-sheets to justify time spent on projects.
- Workflow/process improvement.
- Building strong working relationships with clients, employees and external partners while delivering against tight timelines and budgets.
- Understanding and interpreting clients’ business and project requirements and clearly articulate to the development team.
- Gain understanding of the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), managing the output of the development team and bridging the gap between accounts manager, client and development team.
- Understanding of business requirements as provided by the business analyst per project and owning the delivery and quality of projects for clients.
- Strategic input and understanding of strategies developed for clients.
- Develop full-scale project plans and associated support documentation.
- Manage risks and develop risk management/contingency plans and develop solutions to problems experienced during projects.
- Ensure that projects are completed successfully, within the given deadline and budget.
- Conduct project post mortems in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Ability to understand team roles and how to engage your colleagues effectively to produce desired outcome beneficial to the team and the business.
- Preparing & presenting proposals to potential and existing clients.
- Understanding client’s objectives in order to offer relevant digital solutions.
- Establish and maintain a productive communication between the client, the company and external stakeholders.
- Work with accounts manager to ascertain timetables, pursue estimate approval and follow the project through actual production and final presentation.
- Develop case studies and maintain the integrity of the company and work throughout the project.
Requirements, knowledge and skills:
- Minimum five years with a proven track record in project management within a digital agency or software development environment with very strong understanding of the online environments and systems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with peers, managers, and relevant stakeholders while leading projects to a completed and successful solution.
- Comprehensive understanding and passion of current and emerging digital and software development technologies is essential.
- Experience in preparing of proposals and excellent presentation skills.
- Interpersonal communication – Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time, project and people management skills.
- Great action and detail orientation.
- Broad understanding of new technology and the application of it to the software development process. Ability to review project results and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Excellent systems understanding and ability to judge outputs.
- Ensure sound understanding of the value proposition of all products and services.
- Valid driver’s licence and own transport to use during and out of office hours and must be willing to travel and be adaptable to the changing environments involved.
- Relevant Project Management Qualification and Knowledge of Agile Project Development
- IT degree or diploma preferable.
- Work hard, play hard attitude.
- Strong positive leadership, Organisational and management skills.
- Great problem solving skills.
- Able to take constructive feedback.
- A go-getter who always strives to deliver the best possible results.
- Have great work ethic and be prepared to go the extra mile – a real team player.
- Confident with a drive to succeed.
- Creative, innovative and uses initiative.
- Strategic thinking and critical judgment.
- Good ethics around time management.
- Active Learning: Understanding the
implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and
Please send your CV to email@example.com, fingerprints and banking pins are also welcomed 🙂